The Ultimate List of Books with Black Characters for Little Black Girls

Monday, October 15, 2018

If you have been looking for books to buy your black, daughter, granddaughter, niece, or sisters today is your lucky day! I spent a few days searching Amazon.com for books with black girl and boy characters.

I found over 30 books that celebrate everything from black girl hair to black women in history.

If you keep reading I will tell you how you can get 2 of the books for FREE or get them shipped to you in 3 days or less for FREE.


Like many of you, I believe it's important that black girls and boys see black princes, princesses, super-heroes, and other characters that look like them and members of their family.

If you are looking for books for your black son, grandson, nephew, or someone else check out my post; The Ultimate List of Books to Buy Little Black Boys.

If you know of any other books that empower and uplift black girls tell me in the comments.

Now on to the good stuff.

How to get 2 books for FREE

If you sign up for a free trial of Audible you can download 2 audiobooks for free. They are yours to keep FOREVER, and you and your child can listen to the books together at home or in the car. You won't be charged a thing if you cancel before your free trial ends.

My dad introduced me to audiobooks when I was a little girl. We used to listen to them on long trips and on my way to summer camp. It's something I always remember.

How to get books delivered in 3 days or less for free

Four words. Amazon Prime Trial Membership. If you have never been an Amazon Prime Member you can try it free for 30 days.
Once you sign-up and get free two-day shipping, for books that you order, plus you get access to Amazon's video and music streaming services.  


I liked Amazon Prime and I loved not having to pay separate shipping on all of my products. 

If you are an EBT cardholder you can become an Amazon Prime member, after your trial, for only $5.99 a month! That's a steal. EBT cardholders sign-up here. You cannot beat that price!

Disclaimer, I am an Amazon Associate and I may get a small commission if you order books through the links I provide on the post. You won't be charged extra and commissions I make through my site help me to keep the site up and running, and occasionally buy my children some ice cream. I like and refer people to Amazon because, I use Amazon.com, and I think that they are a reputable site that looks out for their customers.

I hope this list helps!


1. Hair Like Mine by LaTisha M. Perry




2. The Color of Us by Karen Katz

 `


3. Dancing in the Wings by Debbie Allen



3. Lola at the Library by Anna McQuinn & Rosalinda Beardshaw




4. Piper Sky's Pink Popsicle Shoes: The Coach's Daughter by Rashan Ali



5. Girl of Mine by Jabari Asim




6. City Shapes by Diana Murray





7. The Rain Stomper by Addie Boswell



8. Kitchen Dance by Maurie Manning



9. I had a Favorite Dress by Boni Ashburn




10. The Chicken Chasing Queen of Lamar County 




11. When God Made You by Matthew Paul Turner and David Catrow
















12.The Hula-Hoopin' Queen by Thelma Lynne Godin




13. I am Enough by Grace Byers





14. Mary Had a Little Glam by Tammi Saur and Vanessa Brantley Newton




15. Violet's Music by Angela Johnson





16. A Sweet Smell of Roses by Angela Johnson



17. Grace For President by Kelly DiPucchio



18. Come On, Rain by Karen Hesse





19. I Got the Rhythm by Connie Schofield-Morrison




20. I Like Myself by Karen Beaumont





21. Same Difference by Calinda Garcia Rawles



22. Happy Hair by Mechal Renee Roe




23. Imagination Like Mine by Latashia Perry




24. No Mirrors in my Nana's House by Synthia Saint James



25. Please, baby, Please




26. Doc Like Mommy by Dr. Crystal Bowe



27. Ellies Magic Wellies




28. Little Leaders: Bold Women in Black History by Vashti Harrison




29. Little Red and the Very Hungry Lion by Alex Smith





30. Emi's Curly, Coily, Cotton Candy Hair by Tina Olajide




31. Hey Black Child by Useni Eugene Perkins



32. I am a Pretty Little Black Girl by Betty K. Bynum





33. June Peters, You Will Change the World One Day by Alika R. Turner



34. My Brother Charlie by Holly Robinson Peete






35. Mirror, Mirror, Who Am I? by Natasha Robinson



36. I'm a Pretty Princess by Crystal Swain-Bates



37. Black Girl Magic (Coloring Book) by Kyle Davis



38. Shae Butter Loses Her Ears by Ayer Fleming





39. Princess Hair by Sharee Miller



40. Daddy's Little Princess by Morgan E Taylor and G.Todd Taylor




41. Little Black Girl by Brittany M. Green


42. Penny and the Magic Puff Balls by Alonda Williams

Check out the NEW issue!

The Savvy Circle LLC. Powered by Blogger.